Site Chemist required, based in Merseyside on a rotating shift pattern. Requiring a minimum HNC in Chemistry and good analytical chemistry skills. Previous experience in a waste transfer or treatment environment is essential.
Title: Site Chemist
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading waste management and recycling company with an established reputation. Due to ongoing demand, they are now looking for a Site Chemist to join the team at their Waste Transfer Station in Merseyside. The role will involve analysing incoming waste, including hazardous substances, and supporting operatives and the Transfer Station Manager. This position would be well suited to someone with previous experience in the waste industry and a chemistry background.
Benefits: Benefits: Hands-on, varied role in a team with a genuinely positive dynamic. Holiday allowance of 33 days (inc. bank holidays) and an annual bonus. Weekly rotating shift pattern of 6am-3pm, followed by 11am-8pm.
Role / Description
- Performing laboratory analysis of incoming waste on site using a variety of analytical techniques
- Safe and timely checking of incoming and outgoing wastes, raising any non-conformances and ensuing these are rectified in a timely manner
- Ensuring paperwork for incoming and outgoing wastes are compliant and correctly completed within 24 hours of receipt of waste
- Ensuring all wastes are handled in a safe, compliant manner and stored in line with relevant regulations
- Providing technical assistance for colleagues and clients.
- Bulking/re-packing of waste to achieve maximum profitability
- Supporting the Transfer Station Manager in controlling material flows through the site and ensuring container stocks are maintained to ensure delays and backlogs are minimised
- Assisting the Transfer Station Manager in achieving optimum site performance, security and housekeeping.
- Minimum HNC level qualification in Chemistry, Analytical Science or similar
- Previous experience in a waste transfer or treatment environment
- Proven analytical chemistry skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Motivated, hands-on attitude, with good team-working skills
This role would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with previous experience of the hazardous waste industry.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: hazardous waste, wet chemistry, waste management, chemistry, laboratory, transfer station, treatment, HNC, site chemist, waste
your application has been submitted