PhD Research Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring a PhD in Chemistry and a passion for organic synthesis. Experience gained in industry or in post-doctoral projects beneficial but not essential.
Title: PhD Research Chemist
Location: Cheshire West
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a hugely successful chemical manufacturer who have a strong focus on sustainability and innovation in chemical technology. They are now looking for a PhD Research Chemist to join an exciting new project, aiming to create products which will improve fuel and engine efficiency. Taking a research-led approach, this new role will involve devising synthetic experiments at lab scale to develop new products, process development and optimisation, with a view to finding viable new products for commercialisation. If you have completed, or will soon complete, a PhD in Chemistry and have hands-on experience of organic synthesis in academia or industry - we want to hear from you!
Benefits: You will join a specially created project team in a dynamic R&D hub, alongside other scientists of various disciplines. 38 working hours, 8.40am-5.00pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days, increasing with length of service. Enhanced pension scheme, private healthcare or health cash plan, share save scheme and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Designing and developing synthetic routes to create new functional chemical compounds
- Applying sound understanding of synthetic mechanisms to devise synthetic pathways and solve problems
- Undertaking lab-based experiments, synthesis and characterisation of new products
- Working closely with Applications Chemists to evaluate viability and performance of compounds in market formulations and mechanistic end use applications
- Using analytical skills including NMR, Mass Spectrometry, IR and crystallisation for characterisation
- Using literature, market trends and industry conferences to inform development of synthetic routes and reaction mechanisms
- Establishing test methods, interpreting resulting analysis and reporting on findings
- Liaising with other internal R&D teams to share information, collaborate and contribute to parallel or long-term R&D projects
- PhD in Chemistry - with fundamental understanding of organic synthetic chemistry
- Academic OR industrial experience devising/carrying out organic synthetic reactions
- Genuine interest in sustainability and using synthetic techniques to produce innovative compounds
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: PhD, research, project, chemistry, chemist, synthesis, organic, chemicals, synthetic, reaction, mechanism, characterisation, laboratory, development, R&D, project, thesis, doctorate, post-doctorate, experiment, sustainable, sustainability
your application has been submitted