Job Title: Principal Research Scientist - DiageoLocation: Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire, UKPay: ~ £79,000Contract: PermanentSRG are working with Diageo to help them find a motivated experienced R&D Scientist . The Principal Research Scientist creates and develops science-based technology opportunities in collaboration with external scientists and internal scientist across the Innovation and Supply functions.
Individuals in this position are distinguished by a proven record of extraordinary creativity and technical project achievements. The individual will be responsible for keeping abreast of global external influences, regulations and competitive technologies (i.e. regulatory, academic, agencies). This role will co-create and enable Diageo Innovation's scientific and technical strategy in the packaging arena. Requirements:
- Requires 15+ years of relevant project and/or research experience (food or beverage) including doctoral or post-doctoral research. Must include experience leading project teams (either direct management or indirect mentoring).
- Full knowledge of product and process technologies in project areas relevant to the field with excellent knowledge and application of chemistry and food science, manufacturing feasibility, and research principles in project work.
- Mastery of product science recognized within organisations across both technical teams and business teams.
- Scientific input and judgment sought by external scientists working on assigned projects
- Positively influences external experts to improve design, interpretation and focus of their project work.
- Uses sound knowledge of business and development needs to identify new areas of opportunity for Commercial Science and is a persuasive advocate of Commercial Science within Diageo technical teams.
- Builds management and cross-functional enthusiasm for projects through clear technical communication, deep commercial insight and compelling vision of opportunity.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy scientific developments to commercial outcome (i.e. legal, procurement, regulatory, liquid) to deliver complex technical developments to market.Preferable Qualifications:
- PhD in Chemistry, Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline required.
To apply click the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words: Chemistry / Biochemistry / PhD / R&D / Management / Project
your application has been submitted