Senior Analyst required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience of method development of HPLC and GC, as well as proven experience of LCMS and GCMS.
Title: Senior Analyst
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £33,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a global and innovative business who have been producing speciality chemical ingredients for a range of diverse applications. The business is now looking for a Senior Analyst to join their analytical team based in their site in Greater Manchester. Specialising in Chromatography analysis, this role involves providing a major technical input whilst resolving complex analytical problems using expert chemical knowledge. You will be responsible for the Chromatography analysis including method development for both HPLC and GC, as well as running routine analysis using HPLC, HPLCMS, GC and GCMS methods.
Benefits: You will join a successful and well-established analytical team as a senior member of staff. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday - Friday with flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days and pension scheme.
- Develop expertise & lead the development of Chromatography as an analytical technique to progress new products to market and process improvements
- Utilise HPLC, GC & other techniques to monitor/troubleshoot reactions (including products not meeting specifications, metal/oil contamination etc.)
- Complete routine analysis using HPLC, HPLCMS, GC & GCMS methods
- Troubleshoot and configure analytical instrumentation as and when required, including potentially repairing/servicing instrumentation
- Proven capability, experience and knowledge of Chromatography (HPLC and GCMS in particular) to solve complex analytical problems
- Proven industrial experience of other analytical techniques including MS, HPLCMS and GCMS
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: analysis, MS, mass spectroscopy, analytical, speciality chemicals, analyst,, testing, troubleshoot, metal, oil, contamination, identification, identifying, unknown, method development, method validation, chromatography, gas chromatography, GC, GCMS, HPLC, MS, mass spectroscopy, chromatographic, troubleshoot, methods, developing methods, testing, raw materials
your application has been submitted