Permanent - Full Time role
ompetitive salary + Excellent Benefits
Are you experienced with plant-proteins or dairy-proteins?
Do you have a passion for natural alternatives to single-use plastic?
- Leading the development of protein extraction processes and characterisation of sustainable feedstocks for the company's novel protein-based materials.
- Applying protein chemistry knowledge to improve the performance of the company's protein-based materials to meet performance requirements.
- Working with our Research Team to deliver a collaborative project with a lead customer and local agriculture institute to demonstrate our material as a biodegradable seed coating.
- Conducting lab-scale and pilot-scale experiments for the development of optimised protein extraction and purification process.
- Leading the development of protein analytical techniques.
- Supporting the techno-economic assessment of novel extraction processes and different protein feedstocks, including related techniques to improve the efficiency waste footprint.
The company is seeking candidates with:
- An MSc in a protein biochemistry related discipline (or equivalent in skills and experience).
- Hands on experience with a range of protein extraction and purification techniques, as well as protein analytical techniques including gel electrophoresis, protein quantification, particle size analysis, DSC and FTIR.
- Demonstrated experience on plant-protein extraction and purification processes.
- In-depth knowledge of plant-protein structure and functional properties (solubility, aggregation, texture, emulsifying properties).
- Demonstrated ability to translate fundamental technical knowledge about plant-proteins into applications know-how.
- Experience with protein materials, dairy proteins or other biomaterials.
Key Words "renewable, biodegradable, single-use plastic, protein science, plant-protein structure, plant-protein, seed coating, biomaterials, dairy-protein "
This is a really exciting experience to work in a company that cares about the planets future, please apply online or call Hollie Corley on 02030964710.
your application has been submitted