Are you an experienced Business Development Manager looking to join a rapidly expanding CRO specialising in Preclinical Services?
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Preclinical Services
Vacancy type: Permanent
Salary: Highly attractive with 10% bonus and other benefits
Location: Home-office based with time spent in the Manchester head office
We are working with a well-established drug discovery company who provide innovative preclinical services to accelerate drug development programmes. We are currently supporting them with the search for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities. The candidate will be engaging with prospective clients and closing contracts via the implementation of a strategic approach to lead generation.
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- To Implement and participate in setting the early sales strategy aimed at achieving and exceeding sales turnover and financial return.
- Predominantly focus on new client acquisition by developing a pattern of prospecting to increase market presence and maximise business opportunities, using an extensive and well qualified CRM
- Management and development of supporting staff responsible for earlier stages of the sales pipeline
- Manage existing accounts, but with a focus on fostering new long term business relationships.
- Participate in scientific and partnering meetings, exhibitions and conferences to maintain high levels of market presence and engagement.
- Educated to degree level in Life Sciences, Ideally with a background in oncology, gastrointestinal, inflammation or dermatological therapeutic areas.
- Experience selling into the biotech/pharma sector (B2B). Experience in sales and key account management in the area of selling Preclinical Research Services is essential
- A proven track-record of achieving and exceeding sales targets, along with a desire to grow new business. International experience desirable.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this or any other scientific opportunities, please get in touch with Selby De Klerk on 0161 868 2236 or email Selby.email@example.com.
your application has been submitted