Shift Maintenance Engineer required, based in Manchester. Requiring an experienced and skilled engineer with a mechanical or electrical background and experience in manufacturing. Familiarity of specific plastic manufacturing machines and equipment is beneficial.
Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum (overtime available)
SRG is working with a world leading plastics manufacturer who distribute internationally. Recent growth has created a role for a Shift Maintenance Engineer to join the team. Based in Manchester, this role will involve maintaining all mechanical and electrical plant equipment as well as fault finding and electromagnetic installation. It would be a fantastic opportunity for an engineer who has experience of maintenance within plastics or FMCG manufacturing and is now looking to develop their career in a new environment. Familiarity with pipe welding and fitting would be highly advantageous.
Benefits: Key technical role, joining a small dynamic team in a highly successful business. Training provided. 40 hours/week 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, Mon - Fri, rotating weekly. Overtime available for weekend work X1.5 Sat X2 Sun.
Role / Description
- Ensuring that all mechanical plant and electrical equipment is maintained in a safe working condition and to avoid excessive lost production time.
- Testing all equipment in the factory and office areas in accordance with the relevant electricity at work regulations.
- Installing new electrical equipment as required in accordance with the latest electricity at work regulations.
- Undertaking the visual checking of the water, cooling systems and air compressors as required.
- Carrying out daily checks on the fines and extraction systems.
- Performing out weekly checks on the FLTs.
- Ensuring all pelletiser dies and cutters are built up and are in good order, with a supply ready for use at all times.
- Electrical/mechanical/maintenance experience within manufacturing FMCG, plastics or similar industries.
- Engineering background, qualified to at least City and Guilds standard.
- Willing to work shifts and able to work unsupervised.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Maintenance, engineer, plastics, manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, electromagnetic, electro-magnetic, fault finding, FMCG, fast moving consumer goods, maintenance technician, maintenance operator, multi skilled technician, multi skilled operator
your application has been submitted