South West of England
Attractive salary & package
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Formulation Scientist.The successful applicant will ideally have diverse experience in inhaled formulation, product development (drug substance and drug product exp).
- Support and collaborate to project specific respiratory product development laboratory activities.
- Execute appropriate formulation and stability studies, following technical protocols.
- Support the design and execution of experimental protocols in a timely manner and in compliance with company requirements including the reporting of results and findings.
- Study monitoring activities of specific outsourced activities.
- Writing, Reviewing and Approval of SOPs, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments.
- Support and collaborate with an analytical and device focused team.
- Manage own workload and assignments to meet all internal and external deadlines for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Comply with all aspects of site and company Health and Safety.
- Life Sciences degree required.
- Good understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards for formulation and testing performed in formulation laboratories.
- Experience in formulation of inhalation products (DPI, pMDI, nebulized product) is a bonus.
- Experience in particle engineering and/or powder mixing.
- Experience in inhalation product performance and characterization testing, and/or solid-state material characterization.
- Be able to support the design of appropriate formulation and stability studies including the use of QbD where appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing.
- 20% normal office and meeting room conditions.
- 80% laboratory and manufacturing environment including exposure to active raw materials and finished products.
- Must be able to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as deemed necessary by current company and site Health and Safety procedures.
- Some off shift and weekend work will be expected if required; there are requirements for occasional travel within the UK and abroad to support projects.
If you have the skills/experience required and are interested in the role please apply online, if you have any questions please call on 0121 728 8455.
your application has been submitted