Job Title: R&D Process Chemist
Contract: 12 months + extensions
Pay Rate: £30,600 to £35,700 per year
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical R&D company based close to Huddersfield.
They are currently seeking a Synthetic Chemist to develop, evaluate and scale-up chemical processes with potential for step-change improvement in efficiency and sustainability. You will be working in collaboration with a range of technical specialists, the project will involve optimisation, reactor design, fundamental understanding, applications of catalysis and scale up.
- Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SI's, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc. Use knowledge and experience to improve ways of working safely in conjunction with Department Safety Leadership.
- Plan and carry out chemical process development work on new and existing processes in the laboratory to meet development targets on quality, cost, operability, productivity and HSE impact as agreed with the Senior Process Chemist, Technical Lead or Principal Process Chemist.
- Communicate with other technical functions; analytical, process engineers, formulation, manufacturing and SHE functions to exchange information and results to assist in progressing development work.
- Determine the best method, in consultation with Senior or Principal Process Chemist, and prepare representative samples of new products or the product from process modifications.
- Record all work in Electronic Laboratory Notebooks and prepare for approval programme memoranda and the appropriate sections of technical reports and memoranda to disseminate and record the results and conclusions of laboratory and plant work.
- Minimum of an PhD in a Chemistry related subject covering Synthetic or Wet Chemistry
- Or an MSc with industrial experience
- Further research experience in a relevant professional or academic environment.
- Solid understanding of synthetic chemistry and maybe a bit of physical methodology development
- Good understanding of chemical hygiene and SOPs
- Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation
- Record of working with and influencing others through your scientific knowledge and experience.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.email@example.com
your application has been submitted