Graduate Chemist required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring a minimum Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and ability to work independently, adapt to changing priorities and work with precision.
Title: Graduate Chemist
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working exclusively with a company specialising in the development and manufacture of speciality inorganic chemicals and additives for use in a range of products. They are now looking to bring on a recent graduate to train and work on the development and scale up of products. Working across both the laboratory and the pilot plant, the role would be a brilliant opportunity for a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering graduate and will ultimately become the key technical resource between R&D and production. Industrial experience in a manufacturing environment would be beneficial but is not essential.
Benefits: A highly successful and long established business offering an opportunity with full training provided, in a well-equipped environment with a supportive team. Offering 25 days' holiday allowance, plus 8 statutory days and 3 days at Christmas. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible start and finish times).
Role / Description
- Conducting small scale manufacture of low volume, high value products in the lab and at pilot scale
- Operating and maintaining pilot plant equipment to run pilot trials with speciality products and batch requests from customers
- Troubleshooting and solving problems at trials before further scale up
- Reporting on lab and pilot scale trials to feedback into R&D or progress to full-scale production
- Converting laboratory processes into plant operating procedures
- Identifying potential areas for product or process optimisation
- Supporting the R&D team as required
- Minimum BSc Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Interest/aptitude in inorganic chemistry
- Industrial experience or placement would be advantageous but not required
- Able to work independently on multiple projects and propose solutions to problems
- Able to demonstrate initiative and adaptability to changing priorities
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: graduate, chemistry, chemist, chemical engineering, pilot plant, laboratory, R&D, scale up, production, laboratory, chemical, inorganic, process, technical support, bachelors, BSc, Staffordshire
your application has been submitted