Optical Engineer - Medical Devices - London
Have you got experience of optical imaging systems, specifically fluorescence imaging and sensing systems? And would working for a young, innovative Medical Device company interest you? If yes, then apply ASAP.
My client is an innovative, fast growing Medical Device company based in Central London who design, develop and manufacture rapid testing devices. They have most recently been involved in developing COVID testing products and now need an Optical Engineer to join their expanding team. The role will involve the design, building, documenting, developing and testing of optical imaging systems for a PCR device. You will need to collate with electronics and mechanical engineering teams to come up with a usable product, and also support the manufacturing team in production solutions for the product.
* Degree or Master's in Optical Engineering, Physics, Photonics, Imaging Science discipline or relatable
* Strong hands-on experience with full design, development, integration testing of optical imaging systems to full working systems.
* Deep understanding of geometry optics.
* Good knowledge in optical and optomechanical design.
* Strong optical modelling experience (e.g. ZEMAX or CodeV) and CAD experience (e.g. SolidWorks).
* Ability to diagnose issues independently and create and maintain documentation.
* Experience with quantitative fluorescence imaging.
* Experience with LED illumination system design.
* Knowledge of programming languages such as Python.
* Basic knowledge of PCR.
* Knowledge of physical optics.
To find out more information please contact Alex Eager on the following details.Alex.Eager1@srgtalent.com0161 507 7265
your application has been submitted