Senior QC Technician required, based in South Manchester. Experience in quality control testing of chemicals, polymers, plastics, rubbers or similar essential. Knowledge of plastic processing, e.g. extrusion, injection moulding, etc. advantageous.
Title: Senior QC Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a highly successful company who develop and manufacture speciality additives for the plastic industry. As part of their succession planning, they are now looking to hire a Senior QC Technician to join the technical team, with a view to progression to management in due course. The role will involve running the Quality Control lab, hands-on bench testing of raw materials and finished products and investigating material failures. This would be a fantastic career opportunity for someone with several years' experience in laboratory-based QC and physical testing - specifically within in the chemical, plastics, lubricants, rubber or coatings industries.
Benefits: You will join a small, dedicated technical team, with excellent career prospects towards management. Training provided as necessary, 37.5 working hours, 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, with some flex. 25 days holiday + 8 banks, excellent company pension scheme private healthcare and discretionary annual bonus.
Role / Description
- Daily running of the QC lab, ensuring appropriate COSHH and risk assessments are completed
- Undertaking quality control testing of raw materials and finished products, including chemical and physical testing (PH, rheology, melt flow, viscosity, stability, etc.)
- Accurate record-keeping, updating QC logs and issuing Certificates of Analysis and Compliance
- Investigating complaints and causes of material failures, reporting findings internally
- Providing in-house technical support to production and account managers as required
- Collaborating with product development of internal and customer-led projects
- Mentoring and training 1 junior Lab Technician
- Previous experience of testing chemicals, plastics, additives, rubbers, lubricants, coatings or similar in a laboratory environment
- Experience of using physical testing equipment - e.g. rheometer, viscometer, melt flow indexer, etc. - beneficial but not essential
- Basic knowledge of plastic processing techniques, such as extrusion, would be advantageous
- Methodical, with a good eye for detail and correct process
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, laboratory, physical testing, plastic, polymer, chemical, coating, adhesive, elastomers, rubbers, polyurethane, PVC, cable, film, additive, rheometer, viscosity, viscometer, stability, melt flow, extrusion, injection moulding, blow moulding.
your application has been submitted