PCR Development Technician
£ CompetitiveThis is an excellent opportunity to become involved with a flourishing biotech organisation, based on the outskirts of Cambridge. Your core remit is to support the evaluation of a novel PCR-based diagnostic device, assisting with the production of validation data for the progression of the device into manufacture.
* Supporting the validation and evaluation of a rapid RT-PCR device as progress is made to move towards manufacture at scale
* Your work will focus on both standardised and novel technologies which contribute towards the improvement of product development activities
* Formulation and preparation of reagents for the assay development process, nucleic acid amplification, recording of result data on the LIMS
* Quality control checks to support the regulatory approval of a brand new RT-PCR device
* BSc in a Biology-based discipline, or equivalent
* Hands-on experience of working with PCR technologies in a commercial laboratory setting
* Good working knowledge of GLP and ISO 13485
* It would be beneficial (not essential) to have worked in the QC or QA of IVD's
* Agile, organised and with exemplary communication skills
* Able to record and update data accurately and conciselySound like you? Perhaps you have been working to support the national COVID effort and would now like to transfer your experience into a commercial biotech setting, working on a novel device?
Contact Bec Johnston for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858
your application has been submitted