Scientist - Molecular Diagnostics
Our client is looking for a research scientist to join the assay development team to assist in developing a diagnostic assay and other NGS technologies. It is a great opportunity for someone with a strong molecular biology background to step up to an exciting role on upcoming projects based in molecular diagnostics.
Duties may include:
- Perform DNA, RNA extraction and store biobank clinical samples.
- Undertake sample stability, performance analysis and validation of assays
- Design and test new diagnostic assays (PCR based, epigenetic and targeted sequencing methods using NGS technologies)
- Work towards the goals of collaborative projects with external partners as well.
- Write SOP and scientific reports.
- Working in a regulated environment, e.g. Good Clinical Practice or other GxP
- Understanding of related areas of diagnostic validation and clinical trials.
- Liaise with the clinical trial teams to receive and biobank clinical samples.
- Strong experience in basic molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, DNA extraction, DNA quantification assays
- Experience within a clinical lab environment
- Knowledge and experience with NGS technologies
- Experience with immunostaining
- Be an organised individual with good time management
- Strong communication skills and the ability to multitask
What should you do next?
If you are looking for a chance to further develop your skills then please contact Paige Keenan on 02039379660 or email on email@example.com
See more at: www.srgtalent.com/jobs
your application has been submitted