JOB TITLE - Deputy Lab Manager
SECTOR - COVID-19 Testing
LOCATION OPTIONS - UK Wide (Guildford, South West, Scotland, South England, Midlands, South West, Heathrow C5&6, Heathrow C13, Gatwick)
CONTRACT - 12 Months +
Synergy SRG is currently engaged with a high-profile client supporting the UK's private COVID-19 Testing sector looking for Deputy Lab Managers at locations across the UK (Guildford, South West, Scotland, South England, Midlands, South West, Heathrow C5&6, Heathrow C13, Gatwick). If you meet the essential requirements below and can demonstrate the skills required, then please apply today and the recruitment team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your application.
The COVID-19 pandemic presents the business community with several unique challenges. Because of these challenges, attention is starting to shift to how business can recommence operations in this new world. As businesses start to re-open it's vital that they protect workers and customer's safety. To support this, Synergy SRG is currently partnered with a high profile COVID-19 diagnostics organisations, where you will be required to put your previous experience to valuable use and support the COVID-19 recovery efforts to help reopen society and the economy.
The Deputy Laboratory Manager will be a lab-based individual who will support the day-to-day operations and line management of the scientists across the portfolio of laboratories across the UK. Their role will be pivotal in supporting the lab manager in developing optimised procedures and ensuring the maintenance of quality and HSE standards.
- The role holder is responsible for supporting the lab manager with the operational delivery of a quality SARS-Cov-2 laboratory testing programme, executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Deputises for lab manager when required
- Supporting the lab manager on Reporting operational KPIs on a daily basis to Cignpost Personnel
- Implementation of QC processes.
- Develops the appropriate laboratory safety policies and procedures, training, and adherence.
- Assist with hands on testing procedures.
- Timely and accurate completion of all documentation and analyses.
- To strictly adhere to BSL 2 precautions and correct use of PPE.
- Escalation of any issues or problems to the lab manager
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members as required
- Supports the lab manager to plan daily, weekly workload in alignment with project timeline and ensuring issues are recorded and communicated appropriately.
- Experience working in a BSL-2 Laboratory and practical set-up
- Have good knowledge of microbiology, ideally virology and diagnostic techniques
- Have good experience of high-volume microbiology or virology testing in a laboratory
- Competent in the use of LIMS or equivalent IT platforms
- Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health and Safety requirements with a preference for IOSH or equivalent certification
- Experience in developing SOPs and Risk Assessments
- Experience of working with Quality Management Systems and associated ISO certifications
- Proven customer service focus, ability to work collaboratively and in a matrix
As mentioned above, if you meet the essential requirements and can demonstrate the skills required, then please apply today and the recruitment team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your application.
your application has been submitted