Laboratory Administrator required on a permanent basis, based in South Yorkshire. Laboratory background or technical manufacturing background preferred. Applications from recent graduates seeking commercial admin work also welcome.
Job Title: Laboratory Administrator
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: Up to £25,000 (depending on experience)
Full time, permanent, days 9am - 5pm
SRG is working with a well-established company who manufacture and undertake detailed analysis on a wide variety of metals and materials for multiple industries. They are currently looking for an Administrator to support their busy laboratory team to carry out a wide variety of general administrative, customer service and sales administration work. This role would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced administrator from a technical background or for someone who has a laboratory background and would prefer to move into a more commercial based role. We are also accepting application from new science graduates looking for office based work.
Benefits: Permanent role in a long-running, successful company with a supportive work environment. Full training provided on all processes, with mentoring from senior staff and opportunities for future career growth. 33 days holiday, private healthcare, generous pension scheme and on-site gym facilities, as well as free ice cream freezer!
- Provide efficient, timely and accurate processing of departmental administration
- Liaise with external customers to develop and maintain effective customer service including providing quotations for analytical testing and technical support to external customers
- Produce information/statistical visit reports
- Booking in Samples
- Sub-contract work to other Laboratories
- Generate invoices and certificates, take payments and issue and send certificates to customers where required Filing and archiving
- Attend telephone and email to respond to customer queries including technical and administrative
- Collaborate with Office Manager to achieve sales targets, financial plans and business objectives
- Maintain the excellent reputation of AMG Analytical Services for current and future customer
- Assist in identifying and gaining new and external business
- Meet deadlines with complete and appropriate information
- Systems and records updates
- As required, represent the company in support of the Laboratory Business Team
- Experience in administration, preferably supporting technical manufacturing or laboratories
- Experience working in a laboratory and desire to move to a desk-based role
- Chemistry background desirable but not essential
- Customer service experience
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and work in a fast paced environment
- Great attention to detail and time management skills
- Knowledge of LIMS System advantageous
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Alison on 0161 868 2216. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, administration, customer service, office, clerical, commercial
your application has been submitted