Lead Technical Scientist viral vectors
Pay Rate: ...
Lead Technical Scientist - viral vectors
Location: London Contract: Permanent Pay Rate: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits My client, based in London are looking for a Lead Technical Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy organisation in London. The successful candidate will provide leadership and a expertise in the process, analytical and manufacturing development of cell and gene therapies with a special focus on viral vectors (Adeno Associated Virus and Lenti Virus).
- Develop and deliver viral vector process development strategy.
- Maintain and enhance contemporary knowledge of cell and gene therapy field and translate this knowledge into the team's Research and Development program and project strategy.
- Lead and work closely with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful scoping of development programmes to support the UK cell and gene therapy industry.
- Deliver viral vector development projects through technical oversight, working with other subject matter experts to generate and review experimental design and execution.
- Through alignment with operational objectives, ensure the group's laboratories are a safe working environment and that they are equipped and operated to high quality and efficiency standards utilising the quality management system procedures and eLN for data capture.
- Proven Virology expertise and experience of viral vectors used in the ex vivo and in vivo modification of products is essential.
- The use of in-depth knowledge of viral vector biology and associated bioprocessing to enable the delivery of robust and industrial closed GMP ready processes is essential.
- Substantial peer-reviewed publications and/or patents that demonstrate research productivity and the ability to perform cutting edge research is desirable.
- Understanding of CMC requirements for the manufacture of cell therapies or biologics would be beneficial.
- Experience of upstream bioprocessing of mammalian cell lines and viral vectors including viral vector biology and cell line development is essential.
- Experience of chromatography, filtration and other separation / purification techniques, formulation and fill is desirable.
- Understanding of molecular and protein based analytical techniques such as flow cytometry, PCR and cell-based functional assays suitable for use as characterisation, in-process controls and release methods is essential.
- Use of DoE within process or analytical development is desirable
- Experience of tech transfer to/from commercial and research organisations is desirable.
- Experience in the presentation of data, strategy and novel developments to external stakeholders at conferences, webinars and workshops is essential.
- Experience in QMS and use of eLN desirable.
Please apply online or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search