A Technology Specialist required on a permanent basis, based in Hertfordshire. Requiring experience in biochemistry, biostimulates or a related life sciences discipline. The understanding of the requirements for product commercialisation is highly desirable.
Title: Technology Specialist
Salary: Dependent on experience
SRG is working with a multinational chemical manufacturing company who produce a variety of speciality products for a range of industries. They are currently seeking a Technology Specialist to join their Crop team at their site in Hertfordshire. This role will involve identifying potential new biostimulant compounds and help to initiate open innovation projects. This role will be suitable for those with experience in biochemistry or biostimulates and those who are good at networking and generating Academic connections. Working knowledge of crop physiology and agronomy is highly desirable.
Benefits: You will join a close-knit team within a global leader in speciality chemicals, with access to share incentive plans. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday: 8:30am-5:30pm
- Technology Scout to identify potential new biostimulant compounds and help to initiate open innovation projects.
- Involve understanding biochemical pathways and assessing the viability of potential compounds as biostimulants through literature searching and experimentation.
- Support the broader Crop team in looking at the delivery of innovative crop protection approaches.
- Educated to degree level within a scientific discipline
- Ability to use your technical knowledge creatively to generate commercially viable solutions to complex problems.
- Industrial background and understanding of the requirements for product commercialisation
- Proactive problem solver
- You will be an effective communicator, capable of building effective working relationships and producing a high standard of written work
- Strong team worker, able to co-ordinate effectively with other functions
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 02030964710.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: crop science, biostimulant, biochemistry, plants, agriculture, crop physiology, agronomy, homology, product commercialisation, technology scout,
your application has been submitted