Laboratory Operations Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Pay Rate: Competitive Salary + Benefits
I am looking for a Lab Operations Manager to join a Diagnostic Lab in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will ensure that lab processes are carried out safely, efficiently and to the quality standards required of ISO15189:2012 laboratory accreditation. They will have line management responsibility for senior laboratory technicians.
- Deputise for the Head of Laboratory Operations as required.
- Provide technical expertise to the laboratory operation.
- With the assistance of senior laboratory technicians, manage staff in the laboratories.
- Responsibility for the management, training and development of all laboratory staff.
- Accountable for overseeing the effective management and assessment of training and ongoing competency assessments of the laboratory staff in line with the organisation's procedures.
- Create and review technical documents and SOPs compliant with the ISO15189:2012 standard using the laboratory QMS.
- Assist management in ensuring that compliance with organisational quality standards and H&S requirements are maintained.
- Pursue a programme of continuous professional development in accordance with any relevant professional registration.
- Working with Operations to generate Lab processing and resource forecast.
- Working with Quality and Operations carrying out troubleshooting/RCA.
- Support Operations s with the onboarding process of new projects/work.
- BSc Honours degree in a biological science.
- Evidence of ability to troubleshoot issues and carry out appropriate corrective actions/investigations.
- Experience of maintaining documents and procedures within laboratory accreditation specifications (ISO15189:2012).
- Proven experience of managing people and dealing with employee relation issues effectively.
- Experience of training and supervising staff in a laboratory setting. 6. Ability to deliver and record training in accordance with the organisation's procedures.
- Evidence of excellent communication and extensive team-working skills.
- Evidence of excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Experience of Health and Safety regulations and procedures. Experience of using liquid handling robots (e.g. TECAN liquid handling systems).
- Experience of viral RNA testing using real-time (RT) PCR methodology.
If this role profile sounds like what you want to do next, and your CV proves you have the necessary skills and experience to do it, then please apply now through the link or contact Umul Ahmed for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0203 0964526
your application has been submitted