Cell Culture/Bioassay ScientistSRG are working with an exciting and growing biotechnology company to help them find an experienced cell culture/ bioassay scientist to join the team at a busy time for the company.
The role will be on an initial 12 month FTC but with a possibility of extension or being made longer term.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some ground-breaking science with a dynamic company who have big plans for the future and are going from strength to strength!The Role:
- Responsible for developing and performing a range of high-quality cell-based assays
- Work across several projects
- Use medium to high-throughput assays (such as Western blots) to screen and profile cellular activity of novel compounds
- Extensive cell culture activity
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to help achieve company goals and targets
- Communicate results and plans to the wider team and managers
- Prepare and author processes and protocols
- Educated to degree level in a relevant life science discipline with hands on experience in a similar laboratory/research setting
- Extensive cell culture experience- ideally with mammalian cell lines
- Experience using a range of cell-based assays
- Experience of using techniques such as ELISA, cell viability assays, Western blot and aseptic technique would be beneficial
- Prior experience of molecular techniques such as PCR and cloning would be beneficial
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a small multi-disciplinary team
- Self motivated and displaying good initiative
If this sounds like the perfect next step for you in your life science career then please apply online!
your application has been submitted