Analytical Chemist - Sandwich
Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Rate: £15 - £21 per hour dependant on experience
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
This is a great opportunity to work for a world-leading pharmaceutical company where you will be contributing primarily to the GMP release testing of raw materials, isolated intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) in addition to supporting with manufacturing support, dosage forms and development activities.
- To carry out, with minimal guidance, all aspects of practical work necessary to provide release testing working to current good manufacturing practice (cGMP).
- Provide exemplary analytical support to projects in support of API manufacturing by testing in-process control samples, raw materials, isolated intermediates and finished goods API.
- Analysis of development compounds using predetermined methods where a right first-time analysis of samples is required to meet manufacturing deadlines.
- Honours degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry or a related discipline.
- HNC Chemistry or related discipline.
- Some experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory based role or related environment.
- Post-graduate experience.
- Current laboratory experience in either a R&D or quality control role.
- Basic knowledge of cGMP for pharmaceutical manufacture / analysis.
- An understanding of functional groups, compound characterisation, spectroscopy, and chromatography.
- Basic to high level of practical competence, especially in spectroscopic techniques, uHPLC, GC etc.
- A good to thorough understanding of modern analytical techniques and method development especially uHPLC, GC, universal detectors and their applications.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search