Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science (or similar) with industrial experience in developing chemical products.
Title: Development Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established company who manufacture a vast range of adhesives, sealants and other industrial chemicals, with a proven record of success and growth. They are now looking for a Development Chemist to join their Technical Team and drive new product development to meet customer requirements. The role will involve evaluating raw materials, formulation work and applications testing to bring new products to launch, as well as providing technical support to the commercial teams. This would a fantastic opportunity for a degree-qualified Chemist who already has several years of experience in an R&D environment, developing and formulating products for commercialisation.
Benefits: A highly successful business who have continued to grow hugely over the last decade, and are set to double their turnover in the next 2 years. 23 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Working hours: 8.30am-5pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 4pm finish on Fridays. Early shift required every other week: 6am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday with Friday off.
Role / Description
- Working with the commercial team to qualify customer product requirements and assess technical and commercial viability
- Formulating and developing new products in the lab - including adhesives, coatings, mortars and other construction chemicals
- Taking new products from the lab, through process developmentand scale up to commercialisation
- Coordinating with the QC and production teams to establish analysis requirements and scale up conditions
- Evaluating raw materials and process improvements which could optimise margins and improve quality/performance
- Undertaking R&D studies to make recommendations for product improvement, new product introduction or future product plans
- Providing technical support and training to the commercial team as required
- Visiting or hosting customers on site to provide technical guidance and ensure product performance
- Chemistry, Polymer Science or Material Science degree as a minimum
- Previous experience of developing chemical products in an industrial R&D environment
- Particular experience with polymers, adhesives, mortars, cement, coatings or similar preferred but not essential
- Track record of taking products from initial concept to commercial launch
- Familiar with chemical hazards, COSHH and laboratory H&S
- Good research, evaluation and-problem-solving skills, able to communicate information effectively to a variety of audiences
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: development, R&D, formulation, product development, laboratory, concept to launch, process development, product improvement, construction, building chemicals, polymers, polyurethane, compounding, adhesives, coatings, mortar, cement, sealant, paint, household products, cosmetics, rubber, silicone, lubricant, glue, binder, hair care, personal care, cleaning chemicals, ink, dispersions, additives,
your application has been submitted