Senior Scientist Analytical characterisation
Pay Rate: Competitive...
Senior Scientist - Analytical characterisation
Location: London Contract: Permanent Pay Rate: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits My client, based in London are looking for a Senior Scientist to support the development of analytical assays for cell and gene therapy product characterisation.
The successful candidate will manage a team of analytical scientists in performing routine analytical characterisation of products in performing routine analytical characterisation of products and inform on process development. This will include sample allocation, data revision, release and transition to updated workflows.
- Cntribute organisational and quality control expertise in managing and leading an analytical characterisation team Contribute and input on the design and execution of assay qualification
- Undertake sample management activities, data revision and release to process development scientists
- Undertake training and standardisation of analytical assays to support manufacture. Ensuring data integrity principles are adhered to
- Close collaboration with data scientist team, to ensure efficient streamlined data analysis
- Maintain accurate records and manage data in line with company policies
- Record, analyse and communicate characterisation data in electronic laboratory notebooks, scientific reports, posters and peer-reviewed publications and present results internally and to external collaborators
- Maintain high standards of laboratory practices in all characterisation activities
- Collaboration with process, analytical and automation development scientists within the company
- Assist lead scientists, program managers and the finance team in budgeting, planning and coordinating product characterisation
- Maintain general laboratory cleanliness, Health and Safety standards, where appropriate
- PhD or MSc with at significant industrial experience in QC characterization of cell and gene therapy products
- Industrial experience in product characterisation is essential
- Demonstrate experience in cell and gene therapy product characterization
- Experience in at least two of the following assays: qPCR and/or ddPCR, ELISA based methods, Flow cytometry, HPLC & Product impurity characterisation
- Experience in QC and product release is a desirable
- Experience in assay qualification is essential
- Knowledgeable in the ATMP field is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, with clear and concise written and verbal mmunication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, with limited supervision, takes initiative when required
- Strong IT skills
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to forge a career in cutting edge science, within a renowned business in London.
Please apply online or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search