This is a new role and a great opportunity for someone with a love of biology and big data!Experience:
- PhD in a biological sciences-related subject with proven relevant experience
- Programming experience using R or Python. Knowledge of experimental design and statistical data analytics methods and their application to -omics data.
- General understanding of data science methods.
- Experience of working with large data sets e.g. electronic medical records
- Experience of designing and managing research projects to answer broad scientific questions
You will initiate, gain approval, resource, manage and report internal and external research projects that are aligned and deliver against the strategic goals of biomarkers programmeTo administer a budget of up to £400K, also supervising up to 3 research scientists and other support staffCommunicate research outputs to key internal audiences through internal business reports and verbal communicationsCommunicate research outputs to external audiences through presentations at scientific meetings and publication in peer reviewed journalsAct as a subject matter expert providing advice and technical support
your application has been submitted