Job Title: Post-Doctoral Scientist
Location: Sandwich, Kent
Rate: £18 - £25 per hour dependant on experience
Contract: 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Do you have a PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or a related field? I am seeking a post-doctoral scientist with excellent technical skills, who wants to learn more and add their expertise to a dynamic Analytical Research and Development group in Sandwich, Kent.
The purpose of this post-doctoral research position is to help the Pharmaceutical Sciences Small Molecule organization further improve our understanding of the factors that can affect the rate and extent of formation of nitrosamine degradants in solid-state drug products.
- Collaborate with formulation and analytical scientists to study how the composition and solid-form properties of pharmaceutical products can affect nitrosamine formation.
- Design and execute accelerated stability studies and use statistical and kinetic modelling approaches to analyse the data and understand the effect of factors such as temperature and humidity
- Develop and apply quantitative trace analytical methods, especially LCMS, and apply a range of physical characterization techniques (such as laser diffraction, PXRD) as necessary.
- Devise creative solutions for reducing nitrosamine formation and develop experimental protocols to critically evaluate their effectiveness.
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or a related field
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledgeable in the use of diverse computational, modelling and simulation tools would be highly beneficial.
- A good appreciation of small molecule pharmaceutical development and an ability to apply scientific technical skills and knowledge to projects independently and proactively.
If this role is of interest of you please send me your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a time that is convenient for me to call you.
Key Words: chemistry / pharmaceutical / analytical / LCMS / Nitrosamine / small molecule
your application has been submitted