TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS SCIENTIST - GLASGOW - PERMANENTAre you an experienced molecular biologist looking for a new challenge in a commercial role in the Life Science Industry in Glasgow? Do you have experience in molecular biology and qPCR? This is an exciting opportunity for a scientist to take on a technical support position within a global biotechnology company based in Glasgow.
- Provide technical support to a range of customers
- Answer technical queries via telephone, email and occasionally in person
- Refer customers to specific technical specialists as required for high level issues
- Acting as a liaison for customer
- Preparing reference materials for the customer
- Recording and managing customer queries
- Troubleshooting, providing advice
- Recommend changes to knowledge databases, website, and other company-managed databases of technical information
- Summarise trends
- PhD, MSc or equivalent in molecular biology or related subject (a PhD is preferred).
- The ideal candidate will have some laboratory experience using qPCR and/or sequencing and molecular biology techniques
- The successful candidate must have a proven ability to learn large amounts of new and complex technical information and also have excellent communication skills.
- Experience of troubleshooting
- Previous customer service experience is desirable
If you are an experienced scientist and would like to work in a more commercial and people focused role, this could be the job for you!
This role is to start ASAP and the salary is dependant on experience.Please apply online or contact Emma for further information.
your application has been submitted