Pilot Plant Operator required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring experience in as a Process Operator in chemical pilot plants or small scale chemical manufacturing. Immediate start.
Pilot Plant Operator
Pay rate: £20.51 per hour (equivalent to £40,000 per annum)
Temporary contract: 3-6 months
SRG is working with a speciality chemicals manufacturer who have been developing and producing a wide range of products at their site in Cheshire for over 40 years. They are now looking for a Pilot Plant Operator to join their Process Development team on a temporary basis for 3-6 months. The role will involve operating and monitoring 3 reaction vessels, operation and maintain pumps and filters, as well as routine production of small scale chemical batches and support the documentation of work instructions. This immediately available role would be ideal for a Chemical Operator with significant experience in a chemical pilot plant or small scale chemical manufacturing environment.
Benefits: You will join a small, supportive and multi-disciplined team of operators and chemists to facilitate the scale up of chemical reactions. 37.5 working hours, 8.30am -5.00pm Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. Occasional requirement for extended days during process trials.
Role / Description
- Day-to-day operation of 4 reaction vessels (90L -> 950L) and monitoring reactions with support from Process Chemists
- Supporting the commissioning of a new plant vessel
- Undertaking basic blending operations
- Setting up equipment and maintaining pumps and filters.
- Following and contributing to the preparation of detailed work instructions for processes
- Working out process limitations and using P&IDs to identify tracing lines, tag valves and determine potential issues.
- Moving chemicals into and around the pilot plant alongside monitoring production control charts for accuracy, raising issues as required
- Liaise with other departments and fellow colleagues to undertake scheduled maintenance to ensure successful performance of the site.
- Proven experience as an Operator in a pilot plant or small scale manufacture of chemicals or pharmaceuticals
- Practical knowledge of pilot plant operations including reaction hazards
- Experience of running plant trials and routine production
- FLT Licence essential, Hoist Training beneficial
- Immediately availability or short notice
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Sebastian.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Seb on 0161 507 7269. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: pilot plant, pilot plant operator, chemical operator, chemicals, fine chemicals, pharmaceuticals, FLT, forklift truck license, P&ID, tagging valves, commissioning, plant technician, production operator, production technician, manufacturing technician, reaction vessels
your application has been submitted