We are currently working with an international R&D molecular diagnostics group who are looking at bringing in an experienced Scientist
Job Title: Senior Automation Scientist
Vacancy type: 12 Month maternity Cover.
Salary: Highly Competitive
Location: Greater Manchester
We are currently working with an international R&D molecular diagnostics group who are looking at bringing in an experienced Scientist who can who can provide scientific expertise, people leadership and technical leadership.
You will have the opportunity to lead the tactical delivery of Automation and System Integration of in vitro diagnostic products and services, as well as automate in vitro diagnostic products and services for use in a range of applications.
- Provides automation expertise technical leadership on projects, as well as planning tactical delivery in functional area
- Contribute to overall project planning and reporting as well as leading planning and reporting of defined project automation work-packages
- Support the resource planning activities of Team Leaders and Project Leaders
- Design effective and efficient automation activities
- Lead troubleshooting activities when technical issues arise
- Participate in activities outside of own team, such as Innovation, Assay Development, Validation and Design Transfer, where required
- Supervision of junior staff in the laboratory
- Line management of Automation team members during Automation Team Leader's maternity leave
- Degree or further degree, or equivalent, in a life science such as molecular biology, biochemistry or genetics
- Typically 10+ years of relevant automation experience with previous supervisory or line management experience of junior staff in a GLP setting.
- Expertise and experience with liquid handlers, plate readers, automation equipment and scheduling software's; e.g. PerkinElmer, Beckman, Hamilton, Agilent, Tecan
- Advanced software programming skills including but not limited to SQL/batch files and VBA for robotic operation and graphical user interface
your application has been submitted
Back to job search