An opportunity for an experienced Molecular Biologist to join an established organisation working at the forefront of drug discovery. Job Title: Pharmacogenomics Senior Scientist
Vacancy type: Permanent
Salary: Highly attractive
Location: North WestSRG are working with a well-established contract research organisation with a renowned gene expression laboratory working on innovative projects across Biotech and Pharma. Due to expansion they have an opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join a talented team of PhD, MSc and BSc scientists responsible for delivering a fee for service research work.
The team apply a variety of molecular profiling techniques and technologies to a range of different sample types and biological models, in order to facilitate biomarker discovery and validation. The data generated supports patient selection and product development in clinical trials. Benefits:
25 day holidays p.a., (in addition to Bank Holidays)
Stakeholder pension scheme
Death in Service cover (4x salary)
Group income protection (pays 75% of salary in the event of 6 months sickness)Role:
- Provide technical leadership to drive and deliver projects, whilst liaising with other relevant functions within the business such as bioinformatics, business development, marketing, and QA.
- Provide support and guidance to other laboratory-based team members on technical matters, and contribute to up-skilling all team members.
- Have significant experience of a range of different gene expression techniques/platforms and data analysis (RT-PCR, Arrays, NGS). Experience and knowledge in relation to Laser Capture Microscopy (LCM), microbiome, single cell sequencing technologies (such as the use of 10X genomics platforms) and experience in working with organoids and FFPE samples especially desirable.
- PhD plus > 2 years experience (or MSc plus > 4 years experience/BSc plus > 6 years experience), ideally in laboratories using gene expression technologies.
- Must be proficient in PCR, Array and NGS platforms with associated data analysis, ideally within a GCLP compliant laboratory.
- Candidates with experience in microbiome profiling and/or single cell sequencing technologies, as well as working within a relevant commercial environment are strongly preferred.
- Have experience designing studies, analysing data and preparing reports (competency in use of Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint is desirable). Able to present the data to clients and discuss the interpretation. Must be skilled at interpreting complex, multidisciplinary, data sets.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
your application has been submitted