Job Title: R&D Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 9 months + Extensions
Pay Rate: Up to £16.25 an hour (circa £30,420 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading who are currently seeking a Research and Development Chemist. This role will be laboratory based and involve the use of a variety of solid state technique for crystallising and characterising small organic molecule of active ingredients. Typical techniques routinely used may include gas and/or liquid chromatography, powder x-ray diffraction (pXRD), Raman and light microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and other thermal methods to determine the physical form of a range of active ingredients. Training on these techniques can be provided where needed as the candidate is not expected to be proficient in the use of all of the techniques listed above.
- Deliver results through your own experimental work and by supporting others.
- Coordinate with other team members and contract laboratories to ensure that relevant and timely experiments are conducted, and that suitable data is available to enable decision making for the project.
- Review data, interpret it, then present and discuss the conclusions with the relevant partners in order to ensure the objectives of the team's work are met and that the scientific and strategic goals of the projects are progressed.
- Devise efficient procedures within the most complex and challenging areas. You will need to conceive, develop and implement new methodologies that significantly impact delivery.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry or a closely related subject
- Plan and carry out laboratory work on to meet project targets and timescales as agreed with the manager in order to discover novel solid states and characterise the physical properties.
- Eagerness to learn and pick up skills quickly
- Record all work in electronic lab notebooks and prepare for approval the appropriate sections of technical reports and memoranda to provide a clear record of the results and conclusions from laboratory work
- A good general understanding of physical and inorganic chemistry.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
your application has been submitted