Shift Analyst required on a permanent basis, based in South Yorkshire. Degree in Chemistry or similar preferred, HND Chemistry also suitable. Industrial experience is not required but would be advantageous. Applications from recent/soon-to-be graduates welcome.
Salary: £19,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience)
Shifts: Varied Days and Nights (full breakdown provided on application)
SRG are working with a well-established company who manufacture and undertake detailed analysis on a wide variety of metals and materials for multiple industries. They are currently looking for a Shift Analyst to join their busy analytical team, carrying out analysis including ICP-OES, LECO and XRF in order to produce analytical reports and certification. This role would be an excellent opportunity for a graduate in Chemistry (or similar) who is looking to start their analytical career in a highly supportive company. We also welcome applications from individuals with experience of using ICP-OES or LECO in industry and are looking for a new challenge.
Benefits: Permanent role in a long-running, successful company with a supportive work environment. Full training provided on all instruments, with mentoring from senior staff and opportunities for overtime available. 33 days holiday, private healthcare, generous pension scheme and on-site gym facilities, as well as free ice cream freezer!Shifts will be 12 hours and include both days and nights, pattern to be further explained upon application.
Role / Description:
- Preparation of samples for analysis, involving drying, milling, grinding and dissolution using bespoke machinery
- Conducting analysis using ICP-OES, LECO, XRF and XRD on metals and materials samples from internal and external customers
- Undertaking further tests including density, particle size, surface area, titrations and gravimetric analysis on samples
- Recording all analytical results in appropriate records and logs
- Ensuring all works is compliant to ISO 17025 quality standards
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation
- General lab housekeeping and cleaning.
- BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or related field preferred (HND qualifications will also be considered)
- Previous industrial laboratory experience of ICP, LECO, XRF or XRD analysis is advantageous but is not essential as full training is provide
- Able to work methodically, listen an follow instructions and procedures
- Excellent communication skills, good team player
- Would not be suitable for someone with nickel allergies for health and safety reasons
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, materials science, analysis, analytical, analyst, analyse, metals, materials, testing, degree, graduate, HND, chemical, wet chemistry, bench chemistry, testing, XRF, XRD, LECO, ICP, instrumentation
your application has been submitted