Production Manager - Stem Cells
Competitive salary, benefits & career opportunities
Production Manager - Stem CellsCambridge Competitive salary, benefits & career opportunities
SRG is delighted to be working with this highly innovative, agile and expanding Biotechnology company. Our client has successfully developed a novel cellular programming technology that offers highly competitive levels of speed, purity and consistency, for the production of mature human cells from pluripotent stem cells.
Currently they have a great opportunity for an experience Production Manager to lead a team of production scientist in the scale-up, automation and manufacturing of a wide range of iPSC-derived cell types.
Leading, inspiring and growing a team of dedicated scientists to establish a state-of-the-art Production team to support manufacturing capabilities.
Operational and strategic responsibility for the running of the production team.
Contributing to the development of company strategic programmes by driving innovation relating to human iPSC culture, automation and manufacture.
Working in close collaboration with other Department Heads (Research, Genetic engineering, iPSC platform, Production, Product Management, Commercial and Clinical translation) to meet scientific, new product launch and clinical objectives.
Liaise with external bodies, collaborators and customers on any Production related matters.
Engaging with the academic and industry scientific community to promote and diversify the company's Manufacturing activities.
Provide scientific leadership in the development of production processes, including transfer into GMP, leading route cause analysis and in the development of SOPs.
Support the delivery of production projects by overseeing their planning, execution and analysis of results.
Coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team by providing intellectual and practical support and ensure group training needs are met.
Establish, monitor and report key performance data to the Head of Manufacturing e.g. production schedules, group capacity, progress against targets and failure rates.
- PhD in life sciences with significant experience as stem cell/cell line platform leader in a relevant industry or scientific organisation/institution
- Proven track record in running production activities for either biologics, steriles or ATMP products.
- Proven experience in growing and leading a high performing team of sciences within in a production environment.
- Strong skills in project management, experience in scheduling, capacity management and an understanding of scaling up production
- Experience in human pluripotent stem cell biology, characterisation, culture systems and QC.
- Experience in manufacturing of cell-based products, process development & commercialisation of iPSC-derived cell types.
- Managing internal & external stake holders and able to prioritise workload in a rapidly changing environment.
If this role profile sounds like what you want to do next, and your CV proves you have the necessary skills and experience to do it, then please apply now through the link or contact Umul Ahmed for more information: email@example.com, 0203 0964529.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search