R&D Chemist required on a permanent basis in Tyneside. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or a related field and experience of formulating paints/coatings. Experience of aerosols would be considered desirable.
Title: R&D Chemist
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a well-established manufacturer and supplier of paints & coatings based in Tyneside, North East England. As they see their success continue, they are now looking to expand and are seeking a R&D Chemist to join their formulation and technical team. This role would suit individuals who have experience of formulating paints and coatings, or those with experience of aerosols from different sectors including personal care.
Benefits: An excellent opportunity to join a well-established company who are market leaders within the paints and coatings sector. Working hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Thursday and 8:30am - 4:00pm on Friday. 24 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Develop formulations of new and existing products, mainly coatings for aerosols
- Support process improvement of formulations
- Analysis of raw materials and finished products
- Convert successful formulations into manufacturing instructions, supporting the scale-up from laboratory to production
- Overseeing batch production of products
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related field
- Proven industrial laboratory/formulation experience (paints/pigments/inks/coatings)
- Formulation experience for aerosols considered desirable
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and self-motivated
- Innovative and creative individuals urged to apply
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, paint, decorative, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, resin, adhesive, sealant, filler, aerosol, industrial paint, solvent based, water based, research, research and development, hobby and craft, anti-corrosive, high performance
your application has been submitted