Regulatory & Compliance Officer required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or similar), an understanding of REACH regulations and CLP labelling, as well as experience of creating and amending Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Title: Regulatory & Compliance Officer
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £43,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with well-established chemical manufacturer who have been producing speciality chemical for the last 40 years, both under their own brand name and as a toll manufacturer. With their continued expansion, they are now seeking a Regulatory & Compliance Officer to join their team based at their site in Greater Manchester. This role would involve working closely with the Technical and New Product Development Team to ensure all products are fully compliant with legislation such as UK and EU REACH, as well as collaborating with other teams such as Sales, Marketing and Process Development.
Benefits: A well-established company with exciting plans to continue their dramatic growth over the next 5 years. 40 working hours/week, 8:00am to 4:30pm, Mon-Fri - with some flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Creating and amending Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for products
- Reviewing and approving the use of raw material data supplied, completing necessary paperwork and questionnaires
- Being the point of contract for all product/chemical regulatory and compliance enquiries in relation with CLP, REACH and UK-REACH
- Creating CLP labels using specialist software
- Liaising directly with customers regarding MSDS and labelling requirements to ensure they are met
- Developing and maintaining a database of compliance and regulatory information to support other teams
- Assisting in UK and EU REACH registrations
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Proven experience and understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) relating to chemicals or chemical products
- Experience and understanding of CLP and REACH labelling and registrations
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: SDS, Safety Data Sheet, MSDS, Material Safety Data Sheet, TDS, Technical Data Sheet, regulatory, compliance, excel, chemical data, REACH, chemical safety, product safety, registration, graduate, regulatory affairs, CLP, compliance, UK-REACH, EU-REACH, ECOCERT, RSPO, Nordic Swan registration
your application has been submitted