QC Supervisor required, based in Cheshire. Scientific degree and some industrial experience essential. Must have hands-on experience with Gas Chromatography.
Title: QC Supervisor
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a company who manufacturing speciality chemical compounds for the consumer goods industries. Based in Cheshire, they are now looking for a new QC Supervisor to join the Quality team, this will be a hands-on role conducting analysis, as well as overseeing the day-to-day running of the QC Lab and troubleshooting equipment as necessary. The team use Gas Chromatography regularly, as well as other analytical equipment so applicants will need to be practiced in using GC, as well as maintaining and troubleshooting the this instrumentation. It would be an ideal role for a degree-qualified analytical chemist from any industrial background, including pharmaceuticals, contract testing, environmental testing, biosciences or chemicals.
Benefits: Reporting to the QC Manager, this role will supervise 2 analysts and play a key role ensuring the smooth running of the lab. Training provided as necessary and good potential for career progression in due course. 37.5 working hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday - Friday. 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Supervising the daily activities of the QC laboratory, supporting and training junior analysts
- Undertaking routine and non-routine QC testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products including: GC, GC-MS, HPLC, Density, Refraction Index, Moisture, Karl Fischer titrations
- Performing basic preventative maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of equipment
- Liaising with the QC Manager and production for tracking and prioritizing samples requiring positive release
- Approving or rejecting batches against agreed specifications
- Supporting customer complaints investigations in the lab
- Maintaining GLP and safety standards in the lab
- Minimum BSc degree in Chemistry, Biology, Forensic Science, Food Science or similar
- Industrial laboratory experience using Gas Chromatography (GC) or GC-MS for analysis of samples - example industries could be chemicals, pharmaceuticals, environmental, contract testing, oils, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in the maintenance and troubleshooting of Gas Chromatography (GC) or GC-MS instrumentation
- Supervisory experience is not essential but would be beneficial, as well as working independently and thinking laterally to solve problems
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, laboratory, analysis, analyst, analytical, technician, chemist, GC, GCMS, GC-MS, Gas Chromatography, chromatography, chemistry, biology, pharmaceutical, contract testing, environmental testing, forensic, food science, chemical
your application has been submitted