Temporary roles - Analyst and Scientist
Laboratory Analyst and Laboratory Scientist
Temporary - 12 weeks
£11.20 - £12.80 per hour
An exciting and rare opportunity for immediately available candidates looking for some short term temporary work, to apply their skills, knowledge and experience in this highly regulated and state-of-the-art organisation.
You will report to the Regulatory team, responsible for ensuring the safe and effective development of products to the global market.
- You will support the daily functioning of the lab - with responsibility for ensuring that stock such as reagents, consumables and lab equipment are set-up and ready for use.
- Sample culturing (biological samples), FISH (fluorescent in-situ hybridisation), G-Banding, processing and making of slides, image capture, logging of external samples, maintaining accurate records
- Using FFPE (formalin fixed paraffin embedded) sections, manual microscopes and automated software for analysis of prenatal and haematological specimens
- Maintenance of efficient and accurate LIMS and image databases
- Preparing and delivering reports for the smooth running of the team and wider business
- Supporting with preparation and planning for internal and external audits
* For the Analyst role it is essential you come from a cytogenetics background and have current skills with FISH and FFPE. For the Scientist role a good general laboratory background in a biological discipline is required*
- BSc in a relevant Scientific discipline
- Background of working in a GLP environment
- Demonstrable experience of clinical FISH processing/analysis and working with various samples including haematological and FFPE
- Able to trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues in the lab, or with the equipment
- Strong attention to detail, meticulous and solutions-focused
- Able to follow detailed SOPs, accurate and methodical in your reporting and storage of data
- Exemplary communication and rapport building skills, able to work in a busy team unsupervised
If this describes your next role and your CV demonstrates the above requirements, then please contact Bec Johnston for further information, or apply through the link: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858
your application has been submitted
Back to job search