Lab Manager vacancy in Hull
Fantastic opportunity available for a Senior Analytical/Quality Scientist or Experienced Lab Manager.
Laboratory Manager - Pharma & Med Devices
Contract: 2 years with Synergy + benefits package, will likely become permanent
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000+
My client in Hull are looking for their next Laboratory Lab Manager.
Reporting directly to our in Synergy Manager, the primary purpose of this role is to be a lab-based individual who will oversee the day-to-day operations and compliance of labs based on site. You would be responsible for ensuring it meets the requirements of the HSE & cGMP guidelines and global regulatory requirements for pharmaceutical and medical device development including FDA, MHRA and EMA.
- Responsible for the effective operation of labs, executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Responsible for ensuring all procedures are in place including SOPs and other regulatory documents including change controls
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to all quality & compliance policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring any deviation/investigation reports are completed on time, with appropriate CAPA.
- Responsible for ensuring all CAPA are completed as agreed
- Responsible for ensuring audit readiness and participation in audits as required
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies of all lab consumables and ensuring an effective supply chain
- Working with category teams to purchase and install lab equipment/software
- Responsibility for ensuring all equipment is validated as required, serviced, and maintained
- Responsible for developing and ensuring all H&S procedures are in place and followed in relation to risk assessments, COSHH, waste disposal
- Responsible for lab inductions and general training
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline.
- Significant lab experience including the management of labs and documentation within a GxP environment
- Experience of managing change controls
- Competent in the use of LIMS or equivalent IT platforms
- Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health and Safety requirements with a preference for IOSH or equivalent certification
- Experience in developing SOPs and Risk Assessments
- Experience of working with and contributing to Quality Management Systems
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and confidence to make clear decisions
To apply, please click the link and submit your CV. Or call 0161 868 2249 for further information
Key words: lab manager / R&D / senior / supervise / supervisor / scientist / analytical / technical / HPLC / GC / validation / GMP / pharma / regulatory / compliance / Global / Hull / Quality / Compliance / audit / QMS / COSHH / GxP / medical / device / LIMS / SOP / CAPA / deviation
your application has been submitted
Back to job search