Technical & Regulatory Manager required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Materials Science (or similar) with proven experience in technical operations, technical data and chemical regulations, e.g. REACH
Title: Technical & Regulatory Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established company who manufacture a vast range of adhesives, sealants and other industrial chemicals, with a proven record of success and growth. They are now looking for a new Technical & Regulatory Manager to oversee a small technical team and manage the regulatory compliance relating to the product portfolio. The role technical support internally and externally with regards to technical data, product performance and meeting of standards. It would be brilliant opportunity for someone with a background in managing technical data, documentation and regulatory compliance in the chemicals industry.
Benefits: A highly successful business who have experienced continued growth over the last decade, offering an opportunity to manage a busy technical function. 22 days holiday, increasing with length of service, plus 8 bank holidays. Pension scheme, private health care and discretionary annual bonus. Working hours of 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 3.30pm finish on Fridays. Some flexibility of start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Managing a multi-disciplined team of experienced development and QC chemists
- Producing and maintaining accurate technical documentation and safety data sheets for product portfolio
- Understanding and interpreting industry legislation and standards - including COSHH, REACH, CE Marking, Construction Products Directive and Biocidal Products Directive
- Supporting Purchasing, Marketing and Sales with the practical impact of regulatory requirements - e.g. raw materials, artwork, labelling, MSDS, TDS, website information
- Maintaining awareness of competitor product introductions and new market opportunities
- Ensuring test methods and lab procedures meet technical, regulatory and quality standards
- Providing technical advice, guidance and support to internal functions and external end-users
- Attending industry forums, conference, consultations and networking events to maintain awareness of industry, legislation and technical updates
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Material Science or relevant discipline
- Experience of interpreting and ensuring compliance to relevant chemical legislation and standards such as REACH, CLP, Construction Products Directive, Biocidal Products Regulations, ISO 9001 quality standards and producing Technical and Safety Data Sheets
- Technical, hands on experience in development or QC of industrial chemicals is advantageous
- Strong, adaptable communication skills, able to confidently make and justify decisions and take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: technical manager, regulatory manager, regulation, CPD, BPR, BPD, REACH, construction, biocidal, adhesive, coating, paint, sealant, filler, polymer, materials, elastomer, cement, glue, mastic, latex, resin, acrylic, epoxy, phenol, laboratory, development, formulation, chemist, chemistry, product development, R&D, degree, BSc, MChem, MSc, PhD, polymer science, West Yorkshire,
your application has been submitted