Calibration & Test Engineer required, based in Cheshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline and experience of working with gas measurement or other analytical equipment. Any experience of emissions monitoring systems highly desirable.
Title: Calibration & Test Engineer
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a leading developer and manufacturer of analytical technology and software. This well-established company is continuing to grow and due to a recent period of expansion, they are now looking for a new Calibration & Test Engineer to join the team. The role will involve calibrating and verifying analytical equipment for a range of customers, including gas analysers, continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMs). This role would suit candidates who have experience of working with gas measurements or other analytical equipment, with experience of emissions monitoring systems desirable.
Benefits: Fantastic opportunity to join a small, supportive team due to a recent period of expansion. Perkbox reward scheme, cycle-to-work scheme and company pension provided. 25 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday-Friday with flexibility on start and finish times.
Role / Description
- Performance testing for portable/continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMs) including system leak checking and fault finding
- Calibration of gas analysers for both commercial and research projects
- Working daily with gas cylinders and vapour generation systems to calibrate analysers
- Testing using both Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT / SAT)
- Completing and checking of paperwork across calibration and testing processes
- Processing calibration data and QC checks of data
- Completing of COSHH assessments for new chemicals and filing MSDS records
- Degree in Chemistry (or related discipline)
- Experience of working with gas measurements or other analytical equipment
- Experience of emissions monitoring systems is desirable (Portable or Continuous Emissions Monitory Systems)
- Strong aptitude for mathematics and experience of Excel spreadsheets
- Good work ethic and eager to learn
- Good communication skills
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: spectroscopy, FTIR, infrared, MS, mass spec, mass spectroscopy, analysis analytical, instrumentation, equipment, calibration, gas analysers, calibrate, system leak checking, fault finding, performance testing, portable emissions monitoring systems, continuous emissions monitoring systems, site acceptance tests, factory acceptance tests, SAT, FAT, gas pipework, pneumatic pipework, testing, spectra, data, analytical data
your application has been submitted