Bioprocess Scientist Competitive Salary + Bonus + BenefitsLondon, UK
Do you have experience in upstream process development?My client are an innovative biotechnology company who are looking for a Bioprocessing Scientist to join them on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will support upstream process development of microbial strains, with emphasis on medium development, small-scale and high-throughput cultivation systems, process analytical technologies, and harvest operations.
- Work within the lab in supporting CMC activities for pre-clinical immunotherapy and vaccine candidates
- Design and implement small-scale high-throughput screening methods to support fermentation process and analytical assay development.
- Design and optimise bacterial culture media using a rational and cost-effective approach.
- Develop, optimise, and characterise robust upstream manufacturing processes for LBPs based upon Quality by Design (QbD) principles.
- Produce research-grade cell banks.
- Scale-up and manufacture of pilot Drug Substance batches to support process analytical development/qualification, and probe product stability.
- Support the CMC Manager with the tech transfer of processes to the CDMO network.
- M.Sc./B.Sc. in biotechnology, biological engineering, microbiology, or related field
- Academic/industrial experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability and hands-on experience with scale-down microbial cell culture models and high-throughput screening systems.
- Experience in developing, scaling-up and optimising microbial cell fermentation processes.
- Hands-on experience with implementation of analytical technologies to support the development and characterisation of new manufacturing processes.
- Downstream purification experience is highly desirable
- Experience with technology transfer of cGMP compliant manufacturing processes is a plus.
Key words: "Bioprocessing, upstream processing, biological engineering, fermentation process development, downstream processing, bioreactor, CMC development, bacterial cell culture, scale-up"
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young dynamic biotech company. Please apply online, or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529 for further information.
your application has been submitted