Synthetic DNA Biologist Competitive Salary + Bonus + BenefitsLondon, UK
Do you have experience in Molecular Biology/Synthetic DNA Biology?
My client are an award winning Biotechnology Company, with state of the art, modern laboratories. They are revolutionising the way biomolecules are manufactured, and to due to continued investment and growth, are looking to hire a Synthetic DNA Biologist.
The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering plasmid DNA starting material using creative and effective strategies. This is an exciting, fast-paced suited to efficient and initiative-taking individuals who can contribute to and successfully work in a multidisciplinary team.
- A degree level qualification in molecular biology or similar field
- Significant experience in cloning DNA including but not limited to generating own strategies, creating theoretical sequence maps, primer design, PCR, bacterial transformation, and amplification. Strong experience with DNA purification techniques at varying scales, using kits and/ or self-packed hardware.
- Experience in gel electrophoresis apparatus for DNA analysis and software for sequence analysis. Knowledge of running restriction digests, agarose gels and analysing data is a must.
- Experience in aseptic technique and controlled environments.
- Familiarity with industry quality standards such as ISO/ cGMP is desirable. Experience working within a Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) or Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) environment is highly advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to design experiments independently and document key information in report formats.
- The successful candidate will be bringing ideas to life, and must therefore be engaged with science, adaptable to new approaches, and eager to work with a fast-moving team.
- Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a young dynamic biotech company working at the forefront of Molecular Manufacturing. Please apply online, or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529 for further information.
your application has been submitted