Job Title: Glasshouse Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 months + extensions
Pay Rate: £11.50 an hour (circa £21,528 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading.
They are currently seeking a glasshouse based technician required to conduct glasshouse and seed processing tasks associated with the production of doubled haploid (DH) wheat and barley for the European breeding programme.
- Train in cross pollination and associated activities conducted in the controlled environment rooms.
- Undertake a full range of daily glasshouse activities including sowing seeds, transplanting plantlets, tissue-sampling, harvesting and threshing of plants.
- Carry out seed processing activities including seed cleaning, seed counting (automated) and seed labelling and registering.
- Assist in the monitoring of pests and disease in the glasshouse.
- Update DH plant material tracking and data analysis files.
- Responsibility for ensuring glasshouse HSE standards are adhered to.
The successful candidate should primarily be enthusiastic, consistent in their approach and willing to learn in a vibrant glasshouse production environment with high quality output.
Previous experience working within a horticultural or an agricultural production environment
Awareness of growth and care requirements of plant material in the glasshouse.
You will need to be able to work in a team environment, understand set procedures and pay attention to detail whilst carrying out some repetitive tasks.
You may be required to stand for long periods of time, lift materials and/or transport materials around the nursery so physical stamina and a good level of fitness is important.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.email@example.com
your application has been submitted