Job Title: Glasshouse Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 months +
Pay Rate: £11.84 an hour (circa £22,164 per annum)
SRG is working with a global leading agrochemical company based in Bracknell, Berkshire, who are currently seeking a Glasshouse Technician to join their (Secondary Profiling Screen) SPS team within Weed Control Research.
The Weed Control Research Biology Team contributes to the invention and development of novel herbicidal active ingredients and supports existing herbicidal products by generating high quality biological data.
The purpose of the Glasshouse Technician is to support Weed Control Research Biology on the SPS (Secondary Profiling Screen) platform by spraying and maintaining, plants in the glasshouse in order to deliver timely, quality data to herbicide research projects
You will work in the SPS platform within Technical Support - Weed Control and will be required to spray and maintain herbicide bioassays in the glasshouse, using established and novel weed screening methods.
- Work independently and as part of a team while carrying out experimental work using established and novel screening methods
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test.
- Be accountable for work being done with precision, accuracy and efficiency
- Perform all activities in accordance with the Syngenta Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy
- Work efficiently in high-throughput team environment
- Identify issues, non-conformities and report them
- Good work ethic and works consistently in performing role
- Proactive in identifying problems and assists in solving them
- Shows initiative to improve WOWs of the screening platform
- A BSc in Plant Science, Biological Sciences, Environmental Science, A 'Levels with commercial one or more years' experience in industry - a related agricultural subject would be advantageous.
- Hands on experience working with in a production environment or hands on experience with plants - In a commercial or non-commercial glasshouse environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong quality control and attention to detail
- Passion for learning
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.email@example.com
your application has been submitted