A brilliant opportunity for a Quality Bioanalytical Scientist to join a fast growing and successful Contract Research Organisation based in North Yorkshire.
Job Title: Quality Bioanalytical Scientist
Location: North Yorkshire
SRG are working with an expanding and successful biotechnological contract research organisation based in the North East. Due to the increase in workload, the company are introducing a new established quality team within their lab team. You will be involved in carrying out bioanalytical techniques such as HPLC-SEC and SDS-PAGE on in process and finished products to then interpret the data and write up reports.
This is an exciting time to join the company as this role will have a clear progression path where over the next couple of years, you will progress into a Team Leader like role when new hires are made into the team.
- Carrying out bioanalytical techniques including HPLC-SEC, SDS-PAGE, UV-Spectrophotometry to ensure products are in line with specifications
- Receiving SDS-PAGE and HPLC-SEC data and understanding/interpreting it to write up into customer reports
- Carrying out endotoxin testing, western blot and ELISA techniques
- Involved in method development of a range of analytical techniques such as HPLC-SEC
- Working within a regulated laboratory setting (ISO 9001/GMP)
- Understanding health and safety and standard of procedures within the laboratory
- BSc or equivalent in a science related subject i.e. biotechnology
- Minimum 2 years' experience working within a biotech/biopharma/biological setting
- Strong experience using bioanalytical techniques including HPLC-SEC and SDS-PAGE
- Ability to interpret and understand data from HPLC-SEC and SDS-PAGE
- Experience in endotoxin testing, western blot and ELISA would be beneficial
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Flexible, self-motivated and good organisation skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
Keywords: biotechnology, biopharmaceutical, HPLC, protein, purification, SDS-PAGE, UV, Spectrophotometry, ELISA, Western blot, endotoxin, quality, QC, Scientist, bioanalysis, bioanalytical
your application has been submitted