Senior QC Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring a proven analytical background and experience in the use of GC (Gas Chromatography) and various other analytical techniques in a working laboratory environment.
Senior QC Chemist
£30,000 - £34,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a well-respected, innovative company who develop speciality chemicals and additives for downstream chemical industries. They are now looking for a new Senior QC Chemist to join the team at their site in Cheshire, with a view to progressing the successful individual into a QC Manager position in due course. The role will initially involve conducting QC analysis on raw materials, in process, and finished chemical products using an array of analytical techniques, as well as supporting analytical investigations and mentoring junior analysts. More supervisory and managerial responsibilities will be introduced throughout progression. It would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced QC or Analytical Chemist with skills in GC and other techniques and is looking for genuine career progression.
Benefits: Excellent progression prospects, with genuine career development toward management in 2-3 years. 38 working hours, 8.40am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days, increasing with length of service. Enhanced pension scheme, private healthcare, share save scheme and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Undertaking analysis of raw materials, in-process and finished chemical products
- Operating analytical instrumentation including GC, coupled GC (MS, FID, TCD), HPLC, IC, ICP, TGA to perform analysis using set methodologies
- Performing standard wet chemistry techniques, including titrations, flash point, density, viscosity, Karl Fischer, pH, etc.
- Undertaking maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Recording and reporting data within the quality system, prioritising reports as necessary
- Using statistical data to interpret results and monitor trends
- Performing analytical investigations and tests to meet research, plant and customer needs
- Adhering to ISO 9001 and GMP standards and partaking in associated audits
- Mentoring junior analysts and taking on supervisory responsibilities over time
- Minimum HND in Chemistry or similar, degree qualification preferred
- Proven industrial experience of QC or analysis of chemicals
- Experience with Gas Chromatography (GC) and/or operational experience other analytical techniques - e.g. GC-MS, IC, HPLC, ICP or TGA
- Strong basic wet chemistry/bench skills
- Excellent communication skills and pro-active approach
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. f you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, quality control, chemist, analyst, analytical, analysis, GC, GC-MS, GCMS, GC-FID, GC-TCD, GC-ECD, HPLC, IC, TGA, ICP, chromatography, gas chromatography, laboratory, lab, wet chemistry, bench techniques, senior, progression, QC supervisor, QC manager
your application has been submitted