My client is a high growth Biotechnology company based in Oxfordshire. They are looking for an Enzyme and Protein scientist to join their fast paced product development environment within a highly skilled multidisciplinary team. Essential Duties* Optimise and charactarise enzymatic methods developing and implementing processes to support the development of enzyme manufacturing.
* You will have the opportunity to optimize enzyme formulations for increased performance, stability & robustness
* Identify or create new enzymes with desired properties
* Design, develop and commercialise genomic analysis techniques for product development
* You will have the opportunity to develop lab-scale processes for protein expression, purification and QC to enable scaled manufacturing of quality enzymes
* The post holder will support the design of NGS sequencing experiments and use NGS data in order to measure the performance of enzymes and enzymatic processes.
Minimum Qualifications● A PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar discipline, or 6 years of relevant experience with MSc● 3-5 years postdoctoral experience in protein engineering, expression & purification or enzymology● Experience in identifying/creating new enzymatic activities and prototype processes required to manufacture and QC them, ideally in the field of molecular biology and DNA analysis.● Experience with enzyme mutagenesis, screening, expression/purification, characterization and QC.Preferred Qualifications● Experience in the study & optimisation of DNA modification enzymes.● Previous experience of working with high throughput genomic analysis tools, especially Next Generation Sequencing.● Familiarity with the analysis and interpretation of Next Generation Sequencing Data.If you or anybody in your network is interested then please get in touch on 0121 726 9711 or email@example.com
your application has been submitted