QC Technician required, based in Greater Manchester. Key requirements are minimum GCSEs in Maths, English & Science and interest in science/chemical manufacturing. Previous lab experience is an advantage but is not essential.
Salary: £20,000 per annum, rising to £22,000 after training
Permanent, Evening Shift (2pm-10pm)
SRG is working with well-established chemical manufacturer based in Greater Manchester who produce a wide variety of speciality chemicals. With their continued expansion, the Quality Team is now looking for a QC Technician to join the lab in conducting routine and non-routine analysis across a wide range of in-process and finished products. Using a variety of wet chemistry and analytical techniques, it would be a great opportunity for someone with an interest in science/chemistry and minimum GCSE qualifications in Maths, English and Science. Good numerical, written and time management skills are needed and previous lab experience is beneficial but not essential.
Benefits: A very successful business with a small and supportive QC team. This role will be 40 working hours/week, 2.00pm to 10.00pm, Mon-Fri. Full training will be provided (hours will be 8am-4pm whilst in training). 25 days holiday + banks.
Role / Description
- Undertaking routine and non-routine QC testing of in-process and finished products including:
- Colorimetric and potentiometric titrations, Karl Fischer, Loss on Drying, pH, Specific Gravity, viscosity, FTIR, UV and some chromatography techniques.
- Verifying incoming raw material Certificates of Analysis (CoA's) against specifications
- Liaising with the production team on a daily basis and making batch adjustments/corrections to meet specification
- Recording and reporting all QC test results
- Preparing samples and responding to technical service requests as needed
- General lab housekeeping
- Minimum GCCEs in Science, Maths and English
- An interest or previous experience in chemistry and/or laboratory testing of chemicals
- Good numerical and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC, technician, science, apprentice, GCSE, A Level, HNC, HND, chemistry, chemical, manufacturing, laboratory, testing, production
your application has been submitted