Technical Service Chemist required on a permanent basis in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or a related field and proven experience of providing technical support to customers, ideally within a paints/coatings/ink environment.
Title: Technical Service Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a well-established manufacturer of speciality paints & coatings based in Greater Manchester. As they see their success continue, they are now looking to expand and are seeking a Technical Service Chemist to join their technical team. This role involves providing technical support to customers both on-site and in-house, whilst also assisting with the development and implementation of new products.
Benefits: An excellent opportunity to join a well-established company that can offer genuine long term development opportunities. 37.5 working hours a week, 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Liaising directly with customers & clients to provide technical support.
- Responding to technical enquires and investigating / resolving complaints.
- Provide product training & support both internally & externally as a technical & applications expert within the company.
- Conduct application & stability testing of new and existing products using a range of techniques.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new products.
- Travelling throughout the UK and potentially within Europe visiting new & existing customers to provide onsite technical support & develop new business.
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related field
- Previous experience of providing technical support (ideally within a paints/coatings/ink environment)
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and self-motivated
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, paint, decorative, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, resin, adhesive, sealant, filler, technical support, technical service, field service
your application has been submitted