Laboratory Steward required in South Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Science (either through industry or education) and knowledge of health and safety within a laboratory environment. Experience of stock control is considered desirable but not essential.
Title: Laboratory Steward
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with an industry leading analytical and testing service company, who are currently seeking a Laboratory Steward to join their analytical team at their site based in South Yorkshire. This role will involve supporting laboratory managers ensuring the laboratory runs smoothly, through preparing and issuing sample kits, controlling purchasing of consumable laboratory items, managing and collecting deliveries and managing supplier databases and relationships.
Benefits: You will join a well-established and successful business, in a role that is integral to the running of the laboratory. 39 working hours per week, 8:30am - 5:00pm (with flexibility), Monday to Thursday and 8:30am - 4:00pm on Fridays.
- Preparing and issuing all sample kits
- Liaise with customers regarding kits and courier requirements
- Ensure all kits are prepared in accordance with specific customer requirements
- Liaise with customers with regards to any changes in supply, products or couriers
- Keep all records up to date including SOPs, kit cards and spreadsheets etc.
- Manage the storage and handling of all site waste streams including oil store, chemical store and consumable store
- Work with Laboratory Managers to ensure the correct quantities of solvents, consumables and other lab items are held on site
- Co-ordinate any facilities maintenance
- A background in Science (either through industry or education)
- Knowledge of health and safety within laboratory environments
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Organised, with great communication skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, stewarding, stock control, science, analytical, contract testing, product steward, technician, lab technician, lab tech, lab steward, laboratory steward, trend
your application has been submitted