Environmental Sustainability Scientist required, based in Bedfordshire. Requiring Master's or PhD qualification in a relevant scientific discipline, with experience of Life Cycle Impact Assessments (LCA) & associated sustainability tools/models.
Title: Environmental Sustainability Scientist (3 vacancies available)
Salary: ~ £40,000 - £55,000 per annum (depending on experience)
SRG is working with an established, multinational company, producing a huge portfolio of consumer products across a range of well-known brands. With a long-term focus on sustainability, they are now looking to hire 3 Environmental Sustainability Scientists to drive projects in environmental sustainability assessment, developing assessment capabilities and advocating new approaches across the business. This would be an amazing opportunity for a Master's or PhD-qualified scientist, who has a background in Environment, Earth or Geo-Sciences (or similar) and a passion for sustainability. Experience in Life Cycle Assessment is essential & use of associated tools and methodologies in impact assessment will be highly advantageous.
Benefits: Newly created roles in a dynamic and multi-disciplined team, influencing key business decisions and sustainable strategies in a hugely successful company. Highly competitive benefits package, including a fantastic pension scheme, annual bonus potential, private healthcare & share scheme. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible start and finish (core hours 10am-4pm) and remote working options. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days.
- Applying and utilising Life Cycle Impact Assessment (LCA) and footprinting methodologies and software to assess new products, materials and formats new technologies, business practices and services
- Using these approaches to generate evidence which informs decision-making and rationale in these areas as well as producing and interpreting data for claims
- Conducting research and development into new sustainability assessment methods, tools and software - including LCA, carbon offset mechanisms, predictive modelling and digital capabilities such as python, Matlab, R, GEE and GIS
- Investigating limitations, variability and uncertainty of existing assessment tools and leading projects with universities and technology partners to explore new capabilities and improve robustness of assessments
- Feeding back on new assessment methods to the team and advocating new approaches to the wider business
- Incorporating developments in biodiversity and ecosystem assessments into activities and projects relating to products portfolios and services
- Master's or PhD qualification in a relevant scientific discipline - such as Environmental Science, Sustainable Development, Earth- or Geo-Science (Geography/Geology), Ecology, Green Chemistry, Agri-Sciences, Bio-Sciences.
- Experience (post-doc/industrial/consulting) in the application and evaluation of Life Cycle Impact Assessment and associated software, protocols or databases
- Practical understanding and application of footprinting methodologies
- Understanding/experience of biodiversity or ecosystem assessment methods and tools - e.g. GIS, InVEST, AWaRe
- Understanding/experience of software such as Python, Matlab, R, predictive modelling, Brightway, SimaPro, GaBi, etc.
- Able to communicate complex scientific information to individuals from other disciplines, non-technical backgrounds and in publications
- Sustainability expertise in bio-based systems, agriculture, circular economy or industrial ecology
- Experience of employing approached to assess limitations, variability and uncertainty in impact assessments
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: sustainability, sustainable, environment, environmental, science, scientist, LCA, Life Cycle Assessment, Impact Assessment, footprinting, foot-printing, carbon offset, earth science, environmental science, geoscience, geography, geology, ecology, green chemistry, agri-science, circular economy, industrial ecology, GIS, SimaPro, GaBi, Brightway, Python, Matlab, R, earth observation, PhD, Master, MSc, doctorate, postdoctorate
your application has been submitted