An exciting opportunity for a Scientific Lead who will be an expert in glioma and work for a highly innovative medical device company, aimed at revolutionising the treatment for brain tumours.
Job Title: Scientific Lead - Glioma
Vacancy type: Permanent
Salary: Highly attractive with share options, along with other benefits
Location: North West of England
We are exclusively working with a highly innovative company pioneering implanted electrotherapy technology with the stated aim of doubling patient life-expectancy without impacting their quality of life. Reporting directly to the CEO, the successful Research Scientist will lead preclinical testing of their innovative technology as applied to the treatment of glioblastoma and lower grade gliomas.
- Planning and conducting in vitro research into the impacts and mechanisms of action of electrotherapy on cellular models of glioblastoma and other glial cancers.
- Significant work with collaborators to plan and execute large animal testing of their innovative technology.
- Take a lead role in shaping the clinical translation strategy of the company, with the aim of beginning in-man clinical trials within four years.
- Representing the company at scientific conferences and meetings with clinicians, healthcare regulators and investors.
- PhD in Cancer Biology or similar discipline, with a specific focus on glial cancers.
- Strong academic publication record or demonstrable research expertise in commercial setting.
- Experience of translational clinical research.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: glial cells, glioblastoma, glial cancers, glioma, in-vitro, in-vivo, cell culture, lower grade glioma, neuroglia, astrocyte, oligodendrocyte, microglial cell, neuroscience
your application has been submitted